The commissions and committees established by the City Council advise the City Council on policy matters regarding their specific areas of expertise. All commissions and committees must comply with their governing ordinances and resolutions and the open meeting requirements set forth under the Ralph M. Brown Act. Agendas and minutes of the City’s commissions and committees are posted at City Hall and published on the City’s website.
The following is a list of commissions and committees established by the City of American Canyon
- Parks and Community Services Commission
- Planning Commission
- Open Space Advisory Committee
- Highway 29 Specific Plan Stakeholder and Citizens Advisory Committee (SCAC)
In addition, the City Council appoints, or recommends to the Napa County Board of Supervisors appointment of, a citizen representative to sit on various countywide commissions. Residents of the City of American Canyon serve on the following countywide commissions, committees and boards.
- Measure A Financial Oversight Committee (FOC)
- Mosquito Abatement District
- Napa City-County Library Commission
- Napa County Regional Park and Open Space District Advisory Committee
- Napa Valley Transportation Authority's Active Transportation Advisory Committee (ATAC)
- Napa Valley Transportation Authority's Citizen Advisory Committee
The American Canyon City Clerk publicizes upcoming vacancies on commissions and committees. A listing of upcoming vacancies, notices of vacancies, and application forms may be viewed and downloaded from this website. For additional information, contact the City Clerk's Office.
- Listing of 2018 Commission, Committee and Board Vacancies
- Notice of Vacancies - There are currently no vacancies.
- Application Forms (all positions use this form unless otherwise noted)
There are also opportunities to be involved on a Napa County commission or committee. To review a listing of vacancies or upcoming vacancies please visit the County's website here.