The Tourism Improvement Districts (TIDs) utilize the efficiencies of private sector operation in the market-based promotion of tourism districts. TIDs allow lodging and tourism-related business owners to organize their efforts to increase tourism-related business owners to organize their efforts to increase tourism. Tourism-related business owners within the district fund a TID, and those funds are used to provide services that the businesses desire and that benefit the lodging businesses within the District.
Tourism Improvement District services often include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing of the Destination
- Tourism Promotion Activities
- Special Event Sponsorship
- Sales Lead Generation
- Tourism- related infrastructure improvements
The local governing committee will expend NVTID funds on marketing programs, special event sponsorship, and other programs as authorized by the NVTID Management District Plan. All activities will be specifically designed to benefit lodging businesses paying the NVTID assessment in American Canyon, by attracting overnight visitors.
If you would like more Information about the American Canyon Napa Valley TBID, select here.
CURRENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Chair Erik Burrow, Doubletree Hotel
- Vice Chair Mark Joseph
- Secretary Kenneth Leary
- Juan Sirotka, Fairfield Inn and Suites
- Kenta Kamohara, Holiday Inn Express
- Buzz Butler, Hotel Representative
- Mandy Le, American Canyon Chamber of Commerce
Select here to view meeting Minutes and Agendas.