American Canyon is located in southern Napa County, California, just east of the Napa River. It is located on Highway 29, approximately 8 miles south of the city of Napa and 5 miles north of Vallejo, Solano County.
Interstate Highway 80 passes three miles east of American Canyon. Out of peak hours, San Francisco to the southwest and Sacramento to the north-east are each less than one hour's drive on I-80. Two miles south of American Canyon, Highway 37 goes west over to Novato, Marin County where it joins with Highway 101, an alternative route to San Francisco via the Golden Gate Bridge.
Detailed fold-out maps are available at City Hall and the American Canyon Chamber of Commerce.
- American Canyon's location in the Bay Area
- Location of City Hall - Open Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm - excluding holidays
- Location of the City Corporation Yard
- Location of the Parks and Recreation Department
- Location of the Public Safety Building (Fire and Police)