AMERICAN CANYON ENERGY EFFICIENCY CLIMATE ACTION PLAN
The Energy Efficiency Climate Action Plan (EECAP) provides a road map for enhancing energy efficiency throughout the City's residential, commercial, and industrial communities. A key goal is to connect American Canyon residents and businesses to resources that will help them use energy more efficiently, save money, and improve the quality of life for current and future residents. The EECAP is available for review. Please click on the link below.
ENERGY SAVING TIPS
- There are a variety of ways to save on energy use, such as:
- Replacing old appliances with Energy Star labeled appliances
- Replacing incandescent light bulbs with energy efficient ones (CFLs or LEDs)
- Insulating your home (attic, walls, water heater, and exposed pipes)
- Using cold water for laundry (90% of the energy is used for heating water)
- Air drying laundry and dishes
- Consider installing solar energy
There are rebates available for nearly all of these options. Click here to find rebates and incentives for residents of Napa County.ENERGY SAVING RESOURCES
Energy Upgrade California, Napa County (click here) is your one-stop-shop for home improvement projects that lower your energy use, conserve water and natural resources, and make your home healthier and more comfortable. Homeowners can get up to $4,000 back in rebates when you make your home more energy efficient, and there are local contractors who are trained and ready to do the work today.
PG&E Rebates and Cash Incentives are available for completing energy-efficiency projects at your home or business. Click here to see PG&E rebates and associated programs for residential customers.