The Public Works Department provides for the health, safety and comfort of American Canyon residents, workers and visitors. Our goal is to meet the essential needs of the City and our larger service area in a way that brings pride to the community. The Public Works Department provides:
- Clean and reliable drinking water
- Effective wastewater collection, treatment and water recycling
- Safe, efficient, and effective transportation systems
- Well-designed and maintained streets, storm drains, street lights, traffic signals, and civic facilities
- Solid Waste and Hazardous Waste management
- Management of the City's vehicle and equipment fleet
- Environmental stewardship of creeks, wetlands, and open spaces
- Quick response in the event of an emergency or natural disaster
- Capital Project Management
- Development Engineering Services
The Public Works Department is responsible for heading up the City's Water Conservation efforts. To see updates on the City's efforts to conserve and to view tips on how residents and businesses can help save water, click here.
CONTACTING PUBLIC WORKS
4381 Broadway Street, Suite 201
Open Monday - Friday from 8:30am to 5pm
|Public Works Administration||(707) 647-4558|
|Engineering Division||(707) 647-4562|
|Maintenance Division||(707) 647-4550|
|Water Treatment Plant||(707) 258-1269|
|Wastewater Treatment Plant||(707) 647-4522|
PUBLIC WORKS COMMUNITY TIPS
Our Public Works team has many great tips and information to share. As we think of them, we will post them here.
- Want to know how to conserve water? Check out our Water Conservation page.
- Know what's below...Call before you dig! USA North.
- If you notice something out of the ordinary, report the problem here.