Utility Billing

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Pay Your Bill Button      New Service Button      Water Rates Button

  • How can you pay your water bill?

    Click here to pay your bill online.

    City of American Canyon Water Department 
    4381 Broadway Street, Ste 201
    American Canyon, CA 94503-1253 

    Please pay your bill by the payment due date shown on the front of the bill. If you are mailing your payment, please send it in the envelope enclosed to American Canyon or send it to Post Office Box 1410 Suisun City, CA 94585-4410. 

    For customers' convenience, water payments are accepted at City Hall at the customer service counter on the second floor. Also, there is a 24 hour drive thru drop box located in the City Hall parking lot near the northwest corner of the building and a drop box inside the building on the first floor near the elevators.

    Phone: (707) 647-4364 
    Fax: (707) 643-2371
    Email: Water Payments

  • How do I get a temporary water meter for construction?

    To apply for a temporary meter please click here for the application.  Completed applications should be submitted to the Utility Billing Department. Or, submit an application online through our online form submission.

    The City of American Canyon encourages use of recycled water for all temporary hydrant meters used for construction and irrigation within the City’s potable water service boundary. Recycled water can be obtained through the City of American Canyon or Napa Sanitation District located at 1515 Soscol Ferry Road, Napa. 

  • How do I set up my account online?

    Before contacting Customer Service, click here to review additional information that can help guide you through the process.
  • How do I start service at a commercial address?

    1. Review the Procedure for Turning on Water
    2. Complete the Application form: Water/Sewer Service Application (commercial)
      1. Mail, Fax or email your completed application
      2. Or submit electronically through our online submission.
  • How do I start service in American Canyon?

    1. Review the Residential Instructions 
    2. Review the Procedure for Turning on Water 
    3. Complete the Application form: Water/Sewer Service Application (residential)
      1. Mail, Fax or email your completed application according to the instructions
      2. Or submit electronically through our online submission.
  • How do I stop my service for garbage, electricty and telephone?

    Click here to get a list of helpful numbers.
  • How do I stop service at an address in American Canyon?

    Please email the date you would like to terminate services and a forwarding address for your final bill and/or deposit refund.
  • What do I do if I had a water leak?

    Find out about the City's Water Leak Credit Policy.
  • What happens if your check bounces?

    If the bank returns your check a $25.00 fee will be added to your account. For each subsequent returned check, the fee will be $35.00. Direct Debit transactions rejected by your bank are subject to the same fees as a returned check.
  • What services are provided?

    The City provides water and sewer services to City residents. Water service is also provided within the former American Canyon Water District boundaries which are generally north of the City limits. Water service rates are tiered to encourage water conservation. The sewer service rate for single-family residential customers is broken into three categories, based on average water consumption from the winter months (January - March) of the prior year. Click here for water and sewer rates.

  • When is an unpaid bill considered past due?

    An unpaid bill is considered past due if payment is not received by the 24th of the month, or the next business day if the 24th is a weekend or holiday. If you are unable to pay your bill, please call (707) 647-4364 or come in person to our office to discuss payment arrangements. If your account becomes past due, a 10% penalty fee and 0.5% interest will be assessed. If your service is shut off, there is a re-connection fee of $92. For re-connections after 4:30 p.m., the fee is $322. 

     ** NOTICE - beginning in April 2016, 72 Hour door notices will no longer be delivered. Please pay off your mailed bill. Thank you.

  • Who do I contact about water quality or water leaks?

    For questions regarding water quality or water leaks, please contact the Public Works Department

    at (707) 647-4550. If you have experienced a water leak please read about our Water Leak Credit Policy here.