WATER AND SEWER RATES
Customers are charged using tiered water rates to encourage water conservation. See Water Conservation Plan, Ordinance 2009-03 approved by the City Council in February 2009.
In summary, the Water Conservation Program was established to provide an incentive for customers to use less water. Customers are encouraged to think about how they use water and to do their part to use less. The plan details three stages:
- Stage 1 – Voluntary Conservation - Customers are requested to reduce water consumption by 10%;
- Stage 2 – Mandatory Compliance – Water Alert – Customers are required to conserve to meet an overall system-wide consumption reduction of 20%.
- State 3 – Mandatory Compliance – Water Emergency – Customers are required to conserve to meet an overall system-wide consumption reduction of 50%.
Click here to get a Water Conservation Checklist. A limited supply of water conservation devices are available at City Hall.
Residential water consumption charges are tiered to encourage water conservation as follows:
|Tier 1 (0-8 units*)||$3.24||$4.54|
|Tier 2 (9-20 units*)||$4.14||$5.80|
|Tier 3 (21+ units*)||$4.42||$6.19|
* Each unit of water is 748 gallons
All users (except Recycled Water) are subject to the $2.00/unit surcharge effective September 1, 2015
Sewer Service: Flat Rate of $51.75
The billing cycle is monthly. Meter reading dates are printed in the upper right hand corner of the water bill. Payment is due on the 15th of each month and there is a grace period until the 24th or the next business day if that is a weekend or City Holiday. Payments received after the payment deadline are late and accounts are assessed a 10% late fee along with a half percent interest charge per month as long as the balance remains unpaid. The first returned check fee is $25.00 and two or more will be charged $35.00 per return.
For Customers’ convenience, the City offers an on-line bill payment system. Participants have the ability to set up automatic payments using their checking account, VISA or Mastercard. Participants will receive their water bills via e-mail and no longer receive a hard copy through the U.S. Postal Service. Click here to sign up http://www.onlinebiller.com/amercanyon/. For a step-by-step walk through of how to set-up your account click here.
If you need assistance with your water service, contact customer service staff as follows:
- Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5pm, call (707) 647-4364
- During non-business hours, contact the Answering Service at (707) 647-4360