If you are an architect, engineer, designer or contractor that performs work within the City of American Canyon, please be advised that the City will be enforcing the 2016 California Building Standards Code effective of January 1, 2017. California Standards include:
- 2016 California Building Code,
- 2016 California Residential Code,
- 2016 California Green Building Standards Code,
- 2016 California Mechanical Code,
- 2016 California Electrical Code,
- 2016 California Plumbing Code,
- 2016 California Fire Code,
- 2016 Building Energy Efficiency Standards
NOTE: There are local amendments to several of these model codes. The amendments may be found in Title 16, "Building and Construction Codes" or by clicking here.
All new plan review applications submitted after December 31, 2016 will be required to comply with the new code.
The California Codes are available for purchase from the International Code Council. In addition, digital versions of the following codes are available for free download: