The goal of fire prevention is to provide the highest level of customer care and service to the citizens and businesses in American Canyon. In 2010 the District partnered with the City of Napa Fire Department Prevention Bureau through a Joint Powers Agreement ("JPA"). The Bureau is lead by Division Chief / Fire Marshal Darren Drake. The Fire Marshal reports to the Fire Chief and is responsible for code enforcement, fire plan review, and engineering, fire investigation, and fire and life safety education. The District participates in educational programs, such as "Fire Prevention Week", school fire drills, the Junior Fire Marshal Program and the "Safe" program to increase community awareness of fire safety and prevention.
- Partnering with the Community while promoting Fire and Life Safety
- Providing Public Education and awareness to reduce the fire and life safety risk.
- Utilizing well-trained inspectors to educate the public while conducting a comprehensive inspection and code enforcement program.
- Investigating the case and origin of fire.
- Fire and Life Safety records and maintenance.
Fire Code Operational Permit Program:
The Fire Code Operational Permit Program was established in July 2012 to provide emergency responders with current business information as well as to identify operations or processes being conducted at the place of business. Click on the links below for more information.
- Guideline for Operational Permits
- Operational Permit Brochure
- Fee Schedule Ordinance 2012-02
- Fire Fee Schedule
Fire Prevention Links
- 2016 Fire Code Ordinance 2016-01
- Weed Abatement Ordinance 2015-01
- Fire Service Fee Ordinance 2013-01
- Christmas Tree Standards
Fire Prevention Public Information
Click Here to watch the Home Safety Council Carbon Monoxide Webinar
Fire Prevention Demonstration Video - Courtesy of the Orange County Fire Authority: