The goal of fire prevention is to provide the highest level of customer care and service. The Fire Chief is directly responsible for code enforcement, fire plans review and engineering, fire investigation, and fire and life safety education. The District, in partnership with the City, inspects construction plans for new and existing structures, routinely performs on-site inspections, and enforces fire codes. The District also participates in educational programs, such as "Fire Prevention Week", school fire drills and the Junior Fire Marshal Program to increase community awareness of fire safety and prevention.
- Partnering with the Community while promoting Fire and Life Safety
- Providing Public Education and awareness to reduce the fire and life safety risk.
- Utilizing well-trained inspectors to educate the public while conducting a comprehensive inspection and code enforcement program.
- Investigating the case and origin of fire.
- Fire and Life Safety records and maintenance.
Fire Code Operational Permit Program:
The Fire Code Operational Permit Program was established in July 2012 to provide emergency responders with current business information as well as to identify operations or processes being conducted at the place of business. Click on the links below for more information.
Fire Prevention Links
Fire Prevention Public Information
Carbon Monoxide Information
Click Here to watch the Home Safety Council Carbon Monoxide Webinar
Fire Prevention Demonstration Video - Courtesy of the Orange County Fire Authority:
Fire Sprinkler Demonstration Video