INVITED FIREHIRE Candidates: Click here for Application and Supplemental Questionnaire.
Reserve Firefighter: Continuous Recruitment
General Requirements: Any person, regardless of race, color, sex or creed who is qualified shall be eligible to participate in the reserve program, when there are positions available (current maximum is 20) and they are successful in the selection process under the following eligibility requirements:
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- A resident of the district or close proximity (close proximity is considered North of Hwy 37, South of Jamison Canyon, East of the Napa River and within the community or West of Hiddenbrooke).
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Continues to meet below listed requirements (Sections B - L) after selection.
- Maintains a minimum Class C driver’s license.
- Medically cleared by Work Health
- Clear background check (live scan)
The best qualified candidates will be selected utilizing the following process:
- Fire District application on file
- Successful Completion of the District Physical Ability Exam (similar to the CPAT)
- Oral interview
- Successfully meeting all of the requirements listed above.
- Successful completion of the “Trainee Process”
Reserve Fire Fighter Employment Application
Fire Explorer: Continuous Recruitment
Explorer Scout Program is designed for young adults 14-20 and to allow them to gain a basic knowledge of the fire service. Explorer Scouts are trained in basic fire service duties, including suppression, but are not allowed to perform these duties under emergency conditions. Explorers are allowed to contribute on emergency scenes, in non-hazardous areas, and during daily duties.
Download Position Description