The City of American Canyon’s Governance Protocols provide for a Finance Committee and establish its responsibilities.
The Finance Committee is made up of the Mayor and the Vice Mayor, the Administrative Services Director, and the Chief Administrative Officers (the City Manager and the Fire Chief).
The responsibilities of the Finance Committee include:
• Investment Policy Monitoring and Recommendations
• Audit Management
• City’s Self Insurance Program Oversight
• Salary and Retirement Policy Review and Recommendations
• Employee Benefit Policy Review and Recommendations
• Liability Insurance Coverage Review
• Quarterly Budget Review
• Fiscal and Budget Policy Monitoring and Recommendations
• Financial Advisor Recommendations
The Finance Committee meets quarterly on the second Tuesday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the Oat Hill Conference Room at City Hall. Special meetings are called as needed. Agendas and minutes of meetings are posted in accordance with the Brown Act and meetings are open to the public. Any questions regarding items on the agenda should be directed to Sue Casey, Administrative Services Director.
2010 Agendas, Reports and Minutes