WATER RESTRICTIONS EFFECTIVE MAY 2016
- Washing vehicles at home is allowed as long as your hose includes a shut off nozzle and water does not flow into the gutter unnecessarily.
- Adjust your landscape watering according to the weather - don't water within 48 hours after measurable rain.
- You may water your lawn on any day of the week but be mindful of how long you’re watering – water the lawn, not the street!
- The best practice it to water between 8pm and 8am, to eliminate the natural evaporation that occurs when it’s warmer. Don’t water with sprinkler systems when it’s windy.
- Use of ornamental fountains is allowed as long as it includes a recirculating pump.
- You may fill swimming pools.
- The City’s water conservation programs for turf replacement (“Cash for Grass”) and toilet replacement remain available and are highly encouraged. Call 647-4558 for more information.
- FREE recycled water remains available at the City’s Corporation Yard for irrigation and similar non-potable uses.
- Keep your plumbing, irrigation and pool systems in good working order and fix all leaks within 72 hours.
For more information visit California Drought webpage at www.drought.ca.gov.
REPORT WATER WASTE
See a water waster? Report it on SeeClickFix or call (707) 647-4550.