The commissions, boards, and committees established by the City Council advise the City Council on policy matters regarding their specific areas of expertise. All commissions, boards, and committees must comply with their governing ordinances and resolutions and the open meeting requirements set forth under the Ralph M. Brown Act. Agendas and minutes of the City’s commissions, boards, and committees are posted at City Hall and published online.
In addition, the City Council appoints, or recommends to the Napa County Board of Supervisors appointment of, a citizen representative to sit on various countywide commissions. Residents of the City of American Canyon serve on the following countywide commissions, committees and boards.
- Measure A Financial Oversight Committee (FOC)
- Mosquito Abatement District
- Napa City-County Library Commission
- Napa County Regional Park and Open Space District Advisory Committee
- Napa Valley Transportation Authority's Active Transportation Advisory Committee (ATAC)
- Napa Valley Transportation Authority's Citizen Advisory Committee