Mission: To provide a range of financial services to internal and external customers. Major functions include accounts payable, payroll, utility billing, business licenses, purchasing, budgeting, financial reporting, cash flow management and investment management.
The finance committee includes the Mayor and the Vice Mayor, the Finance Director, and the Chief Administrative Officer(s). The Finance Committee shall have responsibilities including:
- Monitoring and recommending changes to the Investment Policy;
- Managing the audit;
- Overseeing of the City’s Self Insurance Program;
- Salary and Retirement Policy Review;
- Employee Benefit Policy Review;
- Make recommendations affecting these polices;
- Review of Liability Insurance Coverages;
- Quarterly Budget Review;
- The City’s Fiscal & Budget Policy Monitoring and Recommendations; and Recommending the Retention of a Financial Advisor.
The Finance Committee meets quarterly on the second Tuesday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the Oat Hill Conference Room at City Hall. Special meetings are called as needed. Agendas and minutes of meetings are posted in accordance with the Brown Act and meetings are open to the public. Any questions regarding items on the agenda should be directed to Christina Roybal, Finance Director.