Out of Town Vendors

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Any person, but not limited to, an individual, partnership, corporation or sole proprietor who wishes to conduct either directly or indirectly, any business within the City of American Canyon, must secure a business license. The City ordinance states that it is unlawful for any person to commence, transact, engage in, or carry on any business in the city without first having obtained a valid license and paid the license fee.

View this informational pamphlet provided as a public service to assist those persons interested in establishing and conducting a business in the City of American Canyon.

If you are planning on doing business within the City limits of American Canyon, you will need to apply for a business license. You can now apply online or find the appropriate form below to print and mail or bring into our office. We will no longer accept applications via email or fax. 

NOTICE: Under federal and state law, compliance with disability access laws is a serious and significant responsibility that applies to all California building owners and tenants with buildings open to the public. You may obtain information about your legal obligations and how to comply with disability access laws at the following agencies:  

For more information on the State Mandated $4 CASp Fee visit the California DGS website


This form is for all businesses which are conducting business in the City but do not have a physical location within the City. This includes but is not limited to: all individuals and independent contracts working at licensed establishments, Building Contractors and Sub-Contractors, Consultants, Peddlers or Solicitors, Taxicabs or any other individual or business conducting business directly or indirectly in the City.

To inquire about the status of your business license application, please email us.


Renewal Notices are due by January 31. Penalties are applied thereafter at a rate of 10% of the license fee per month to a maximum of 50%. Renewals can now be submitted online.

Our office can provide you with a duplicate copy of your renewal notice by email. Please note that failure to receive the renewal notice does not relieve the business owner of the responsibility to file by January 31st; this is only a courtesy notice.

If you business is no longer in operation, or for businesses not located in American Canyon that are no longer providing services in American Canyon please use our online license closure or return the paper form with the closure date.