Start here to educate yourself on how to prepare when there is a wildfire: When Wildfires Threaten.
As devastating as wildfires can be, the good news is that you can put plans in place now that may help protect you, your loved ones, and your home should the flames threaten our community. Two things you can do immediately - prepare a Family Emergency Plan and build an Emergency Supply Kit (or purchase a pre-assembled kit).
Stay calm and don't panic – do not call 911 unless you have a life threatening emergency.
If a Fire is in Your Vicinity
- Tune your radio to local media for further information
- If ordered to evacuate, do so at once
- Grab your Emergency Supply Kit
- Alert neighbors to the danger
Do Your Part to Help With Fire Prevention in Your Home
- Ensure you have functioning smoke detectors
- Keep multi-purpose fire extinguishers (2-A:10-B:C Rated) handy
- Keep flammable items away from wall and floor heaters
- Take care with space heaters and candles
* The information on this website is provided under the California Emergency Services Act (California Government Code section 8550 et seq.) and for informational purposes only. The information on this website: (1) is necessarily general and not intended to be a complete guide to all things that can or should be done in the event of an emergency, (2) is subject to change at any time including in the event of an emergency, and (3) may not apply to your specific needs and/or circumstances in the event of an emergency. Emergency preparedness is your responsibility. Relevant information regarding a particular emergency may be different than the information provided on this website. All persons should consult relevant authorities for information regarding a particular emergency. There are many sources of information for emergency preparedness and all persons should consult as many resources as possible.