Tips for Weathering a Water Service Shut-Down
We know it is difficult to be without water service and if at all possible we will give you at least a 48 hour notice when water lines will be shut down for repair. Here are some things you can do to minimize the inconvenience.
- Fill the bathtub and keep a bucket nearby so you have water for flushing toilets.
- Fill bottles and other containers and refrigerate them so you have water for drinking and cooking.
- Fill the kitchen sink or dishpan with sudsy water so you can wash your hands, rinse dishes, etc.
- Water plants and do laundry the day before.
- Reschedule any pool maintenance or home improvement projects.
- Follow manufactures instructions for equipment such as swamp coolers and heat exchanges. Air conditioning units should not be affected.
In the event of an emergency such as a water main break crews may shut down service without notice.