Terms and Conditions of Use
Participants and users of the Community Calendar must agree to the following terms and conditions. All terms and conditions are subject to change by the City of American Canyon at any time without advanced notice.
1. The Community Calendar is intended to provide a central place where interested viewers can see what's happening in the community on a given date. The calendar is a platform for local groups and organizations to promote community events, fundraisers, sporting events and similar civic activities.
2. The calendar is available to non-profit groups and service organizations only. For profit businesses will not be able to post events.
3. Participants must abide by the following conditions:
- The organization and the event or fundraiser must have clear ties to the City of American Canyon
- The event must be open to the general public
- The event must be held in the City of American Canyon
- the event may not promote any candidate seeking political office
- The event must not promote, condone, refer to, encourage or lead to participation in any illegal activity
- If a fundraising event, the event must be associated with a charitable / non-profit organization in good standing with the California Secretary of State and properly permitted to legally collect funds in accordance with federal and state charitable fundraising laws and regulations
- The post may not contain any offensive or derogatory language or material
4. Inclusion on the Community Calendar does not constitute an endorsement by the City of American Canyon of the activity, charity, event, organization, participants, or those associated with the organization.
5. The City is not liable for any damages, losses or injuries sustained as the result of participation in any activities or events posted nor is it liable for any criminal activity associated with the posted event.
6. In utilizing the Community Calendar, any organization, event holder, fundraiser or participant acknowledges and agrees to these terms and conditions, and will indemnify and hold harmless the City of American Canyon, its agents, elected officials and employees for any claims or complaints relating to damages, losses and/or injuries.
7. The City of American Canyon has the sole discretion and authority to remove posts at any time and for any reason it deems necessary, appropriate or expedient.