The City of American Canyon is offering cash rebates to water customers who replace thirsty grass with drip‐irrigated, low water‐use plants, and permeable hardscape. This program promotes water savings while encouraging sustainable landscaping suited to our natural climate.
$1.00 per square foot of turf removed, per‐site maximum of:
$750 for Single‐Family Residential (750 sq. ft.)
$2,500 for HOA/Multi‐Family/Commercial/Institutional (2,500 sq. ft.)
Steps to Participate:
- Submit completed application to:
City of American Canyon
Cash for Grass Program
151 Mezzetta Court
American Canyon, CA 94503
- A Water Efficiency Representative will call or e‐mail to issue a Notice to Proceed; do not remove your lawn before receiving a Notice to Proceed.
- Complete your project in accordance to Terms and Conditions. Contact USAnorth811.org before any digging.
- Call (707) 647‐4542 to schedule a 30 minute window for a post‐inspection appointment within six (6) months of receiving Notice to Proceed.
- Rebate checks will be processed within six (6) weeks of approved post‐inspection.