Our building permit application process can be completed electronically.
Typical Over the Counter Permits – Issuance within 1 Business Day
- Water Heaters
- Electrical Service Upgrade
Typical “Small Plan” Applications – Requiring basic plan review – Issuance within 5 Business Days.
- Deck and Trellis
- EV Charging Station
- Kitchen/Bathroom Remodel
- Residential Patio Covers
- Residential Solar Panels (up to 10v)
- Window Replacement
“Large Plan” Applications - includes multi-sheet submittals prepared by a Registered Architect, Structural Engineer, or Civil Engineer for building construction or alteration. – First Review within 21 Business Days (scanning requirements).
* Any permits plans exceeding 10 MB must be mailed or submitted via share file or Dropbox link. *
Application Submittal Process
- Complete an online application for either Owner-Builder (homeowner) or Contractor.
- Within the application you will upload your plans (if needed). For files larger than 10MB please provide a link to plans via share file or drop box.
- Permit Staff will contact you to obtain payment information by credit card.
- You will be e-mailed a receipt containing your Building Permit Number. Please use this identifying number on any further communications regarding this permit.
- If your plans require revisions, you will receive a comment letter by e-mail. Resubmittals will follow this same process using the Resubmittal, Deferred Submittal, Revision Application.
Once your permit has been approved, Permit Staff will e-mail your approved plans and Permit card. You will be required to print your approved plans and permit card and have them available on the job site for inspections.
If you have any questions about this process, contact Permit Staff at email@example.com or (707) 647-4582.
WHEN TO CALL FOR AN INSPECTION
An inspection hotline is available 24 hours at (707) 551-4619. Your inspection will be scheduled for the next business day, Tuesday - Friday. There are currently no inspections conducted on Mondays. You will not receive a confirmation phone call from the hotline.
- Inspections are typically scheduled between 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- If you have a preferred time window, please leave that information on the hotline.
- Although we try to accommodate your requests, your preferred time cannot be guaranteed.
The approved plans and the inspection card should be on the job site and available to the inspector at the time of inspection.
All permits issued require an inspection during and/or at completion of the work. Scheduling inspections is the responsibility of the applicant/contractor. Depending on the type of project, the following inspections are required:
- Foundation: After trenches are excavated, forms erected and steel is in place.
- Underfloor: After the installation of underfloor framing, heating ducts and plumbing.
- Underfloor Insulation: After the floor insulation is installed, but prior to installation of the subfloor.
- Reroof: Roof nail and final (an overlay roof needs a final inspection only).
- Rough Frame: After the roof, all framing fire blocking, siding, lath and bracing are in place and all pipes, chimneys, vents, rough electrical and plumbing are installed.
- Insulation: After the wall and ceiling insulation is installed.
- Drywall Nail: After the drywall is installed and prior to tape or texture.
- Final: After finish grading and the building is completed and ready for occupancy.
- Water Heater, HVAC: After installation a final inspection is required.
- Footings: When all forms, reinforcing steel, hold down straps and bolts are in place, but prior to being covered.
- Lath inspection: When all wire lath and trim are installed, prior to covering with stucco.
- Slab On Grade: If there is under slab plumbing, electrical or mechanical, leave them exposed for inspection.
- Sewer Lateral: Depth of the trench inspection and a final. Sewer systems must comply.
- Wallboard: When the wallboard is installed and nailed/screwed, but prior to fastener or joint treatment. Fire-resistive and required sound wall penetrations, head of wall and construction joints shall be sealed per an approved listed system at this time.
- Service Change or Upgrade: When work is complete call for a final inspection. It will be tagged by the inspector when approved. PG&E will be notified.
Obviously, not all of the inspections listed will apply to every job. If uncertain which inspections pertain, please check with the Building Division at (707) 647-4338, or by email to the Permit Technician.
TEMPORARY HYDRANT METERS
The City of American Canyon encourages use of recycled water for all temporary hydrant meters used for construction and irrigation within the City’s potable water service boundary. Recycled water can be obtained through the City of American Canyon or Napa Sanitation District located at 1515 Soscol Ferry Road, Napa.